HOA LU – TAM COC 01 DAY TRIP
8.00-8.30 am: Tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Old Quarter to depart to Ninh Binh city
10.30-11.00 am: You will reach Hoa Lu Ancient Capital.
In 968, Dinh Bo Linh declared himself as the King. Since then Hoa Lu existed as the capital for the next 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, the country named Dai Co Viet, and 29 years later was under the Le dynasty – King Le Dai Hanh. In 1010, King Ly Thai To moved the capital from Hoa Lu to Thang Long – present day Hanoi. Hoa Lu became the old citadel. In Hoa Lu there are now 2 temples have been built on the ground of the old royal palace, one is dedicated to King Dinh Tien Hoang, the other is to King Le Dai Hanh. The visit offers a chance to know more about part of feudal dynasties and historical periods in Vietnamese history.
12:00pm: Today you will enjoy buffet lunch at local restaurant in Tam Coc named Duc Tuan restaurant. The food is served with Asian stype, local dishes, organic vegetable. The Duc Tuan is located on the river overview Tam Coc, you can enjoy the view of overal riverside until you finish your lunch
1:30pm: After finishing your lunch, you will be taking the rowing boat at Tam Coc Harbour. Arranged by local people here, the boat is rowed by both hand and legs. The boat will take you to 3 specular caves with hundreds of limestones on the way. If you travel during harvest season, you will see many terrace rice fields in golden colours.
The boat rowing will be in around 2 hours. Not only you could see the peaceful scenery of mountain, rice paddy fields, temples, you also have chances to learn about local people cultures on their daily life.
Optional activities: Riding bicycles or buffalow rides
4:00pm leave Tam Coc and drive back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi at around 6:30pm. Finish unforgettable full day trip at your hotel in Hanoi!
HAVE A GREAT TRIP!
- Experience the tour in a small group.
- Enjoy a home-lunch at a local family and learn about the Vietnamese culture through their daily activities.
- Enjoy comfortable transfer service with A/C shuttle bus for a small group.
- Widen your knowledge of the Vietnamese history by visiting the temples dedicated to King Dinh and King Le, the two great heroes of the nation who lived in the 10th century and chose Hoa Lu as the place to build the citadel of the capital city (from 968 to 1009).
- Discover Tam Coc – three caves or the “Halong Bay on land” on a small boat rowed by local people and see the first limestone mountains, which will run along the river way for several kilometers.
- You will have a chance to ride among rice fields and limestone mountains for about 1 hour on a unique route with a good quality bike, an ideal way to explore Ninh Binh.
Small Group – Local Family Experience – Cycling Experience
07.15– 07.45: Pick up from your hotel or private address in Hanoi Old Quarter and departure to Ninh Binh by comfortable transfer.
09.00: Have a short break for relaxing at a stop-over in Dong Van, Ha Nam province.
10.00: Arrive Tam Coc area. Start the journey by visiting a local family in Tam Coc. They are a traditional Vietnamese family with three generations living together. Here you will get the chance to see the house architecture and their daily life and their handicraft job of making traditional embroidery. Leaving the family, you will take a bike and start riding to explore the rice fields and limestone mountains for about 1 hour with an 8 km unique route.
11:30 Come back to the host family to enjoy a special lunch prepared by the home chef with the local cuisine featuring the yin-yang balance of the Asian culture. After lunch, a break with a cup of Vietnam green tea or coffee will be served before you continue the journey of discovery Tam Coc- the “Halong Bay on land”
13.30: Visit Tam Coc by a small boat rowed by a local for about 2 hours. Known as “Halong Bay on land”, Tam Coc is the name of the limestone caves area stretching along Ngo Dong river. The boat trip is a nice journey along the river with the peaceful scenery of Limestone Mountains, rice paddy and the sight of some temples along the way. If traveling during harvest season, you may have chances to see the yellow rice carpet along the river banks.
15.30: Arrive at Hoa Lu, the ancient capital of Vietnam in the 10th century, visit the temple of King Dinh. Under the introduction of our local guide, you will get to know more about the Vietnamese history. Hoa Lu existed as the capital of Vietnam for 41 years (968 – 1009), of which 12 years was under the Dinh dynasty – King Dinh Tien Hoang, when country named Dai Co Viet.
16.30: Leave Tam Coc and drive straight back to Hanoi.
18:30 Arrive in Hanoi, drop you back to your hotel or private address in Hanoi Old Quarter. Trip ends.
- Tour Prices:
- Luxury Option (Group 9 people): 69 USD/Pax
- Deluxe Option (Group 15 people): 59 USD/Pax
- What to bring:
- Sun glasses, Sun cream
- Camera and film
- English speaking guide
- Pick up & drop off in Hanoi Old Quarter area
- Meal (Vietnamese family lunch)
- All sightseeing and boat fees
- All air-conditioned transport as mentioned in tour
- 03 bottle of water per person (02 on the bus, 01 for cycling time)
- Pick up & drop off outside Hanoi Old Quarter area (10 USD fees for a group)
- Travel insurance
- Tipping for tour guide/driver
- Other optional activities or tours
- Personal expenses
- Cancellation Policy:
Should you choose to cancel a booking, Amazing Ninh Binh must be notified by email. The cancellation fee will be applied under the following conditions:
- More than 7 days before departure: FOC
- From 2 to 6 days before departure: 50% of the payment charged
- From 48 hours before the tour starts: 100% of the payment charged
- Turning up late to the starting point of the tour for whatever reason is considered a late cancellation and will result in 100% of the payment charged.
The Classic tour (Prices are in USD per person):
|Better Lunch, Small Group
NOTE: We want you to pay the lowest possible rate for your trip. If you show us that you could book the same type of the trip , for the same dates, at a lower rate, that is viewable and bookable on another website, we will either match that rate or beat it. We guarantee our prices are the best.